We are already getting some artwork ready to decorate the hall for the Christmas Fair and the concerts. Can you guess what our finished picture will show? Clue - think of a Christmas carol.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
We share our school building with a German primary school. We see each other around the school and in the playground every day, but we don't normally have our lessons together. This year Frau Mira and Miss Ash decided we would meet up on Mondays to work on some maths tasks together. We started off with some activities on 2D shape.
We did lots of fun activities during Friendship Week, including ones where we thought about how to be a better friend. We used our ideas about what makes a good friend to write this recipe together.
Friendship recipeThis recipe is a special friendship week dish that can be served after an argument to make things better.
• 350g of love
• 20 tablespoons of playfulness
• 250 ml of laughter
• 150g of trust
• A big sprinkle of helpfulness
• 20 slices of fun
1. Mix the love and playfulness until smooth.
2. Pour in the laughter stirring all the time.
3. Fold in the trust, one spoonful at a time.
4. Spoon the mixture into a deep baking tray.
5. Decorate with the sprinkles of helpfulness and the slices of fun.
6. Share with lots of other people.
At the end of our topic 'Light and Dark' we finished with an art lesson where we drew in the dark - well, semi-darkness because we did have torches. Here are some pictures of us drawing still-life pictures. We are trying to show which areas are lit up by the torch beam and which parts of the object are in the shadow. It was a real challenge!