Friday, October 5, 2012
The (highly demanded) pumpkin soup recipe
· 4 tbsp olive oil
· 2 onions , finely chopped
· 1 clove of garlic
· 1kg pumpkin or squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
· 700ml vegetable stock or chicken stock
· 100ml cream
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook the onions for 5 minutes, until soft but not brown.
2. Add the pumpkin to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften.
3. Pour the vegetable stock into the pan, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the squash is very soft.
5. Pour the cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée with a hand blender.